Board and committee opportunities
HLF has vacancies for committee members in London and South East England committees.
How to apply
- Read the application materials. If you require the materials in alternative formats, please read the PDF document attached at the bottom of this page or email us.
- Read about some of the HLF-supported projects which are changing lives through our Changing Lives series
- If you have any questions, email either Stuart Hobley if you are interested in the London committee vacancies or Stuart McLeod if you would like to find out more about the committee member roles on the South East England Committee
The deadline for applications is 9 October 2017.
Investing in your community
HLF has supported a vast array of projects over the past 23 years, investing over £7.6billion across the UK.
Who we are looking for
Our committee members are united by a passion for and commitment to heritage and to supporting our aim to make a lasting difference for heritage, people and communities.
Our committee members come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds such as heritage, community, charity, voluntary, commercial, financial, public, private, cultural, regeneration, tourism and academia.
HLF welcomes applications from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, disabled people and younger individuals.
Please email us if you have a general query and would like to speak to someone about the recruitment process.
HLF has 12 committees based across the UK, supported by our local teams. The committees meet four times a year.
We recruit for our committee members once a year and encourage applications from a wide range of people. We welcome individuals with experience from across the cultural sector as well as those from other relevant backgrounds. A good mix of personalities and skills enables us to better represent the cultural identity and the diverse communities that we serve.
The role of the committees is primarily to:
- Make decisions on grants from £100,000 to £2m
- Recommend the funding priorities for applications of £2m and above
Find the minutes from our committee meetings.
If you are interested in becoming a committee member in another region or nation, sign up for email alerts via our Committee vacancy portal.
The NHMF and HLF Board consists of a Chair and up to 14 Trustees, appointed by the Prime Minister to NHMF. Find out more about the Board of Trustees.
The role of the Board is to:
- determine HLF’s Strategic Framework and the annual Business Plan
- make decisions on NHMF funding and on HLF grants over £2m
- make decisions on specific grant programmes
Find the minutes from our Board meetings.
Want to find out more about being a Trustee? Read our interview with Trustee Atul Patel.