Tollcross Park, Glasgow
Set in the heart of Glasgow’s East End, Tollcross was acquired as a public park in 1897. Situated within the park’s 96 acres are five historic buildings, including the Mansion House built by David Bryce for James Dunlop in 1843, and the Tollcross Winter Gardens.
The Category B Victorian Winter Gardens were restored as part of the park’s project, along with the improvement of a children’s farm, and creation of a children’s adventure play area. Changes to the landscape of the park included the planting of 1,000 semi-mature trees and the upgrading of the International Rose Trials Garden.